Friday, August 21, 2009

If I am not for myself, who will be for me?

The Swedish government has now forced Sweden's embassy in Israel to remove its tepid denunciation of the Aftonbladet article from the embassy's Website.

According to Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt, freedom of expression precludes the Swedish government from taking issue with the Aftonbladet article that suggested Israeli soldiers harvested organs from dead Palestinians, i.e. taking issue with rabid anti-Semitism.

Fair enough. And it's our prerogative to boycott Swedish goods: Volvo, Ericsson, Swedish manufactured products sold by Ikea, etc.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?"

2 comments:

  1. Easier said than done. I drive Volvo. Next time I will buy something else. May be, something from Japan. Japanese have not been noticed being too liberal, as Swedes. For liberals, freedom is freedom of anti-Semitism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not trashing my Sony Ericsson cell phone, but it's the last one I buy. Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt is scheduled to visit Israel in 10 days, and I am waiting to see how the Israeli government handles this.

    ReplyDelete