Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Maureen Dowd, "Mitt, Is This Wit?": More to the Point, Is He Electable?

Forgive me as I tuck my "Austin Powers" faux teeth a little deeper into my pants pocket.

In her latest New York Times op-ed entitled "Mitt, Is This Wit?" (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/opinion/dowd-mitt-is-this-wit.html?ref=opinion), Maureen Dowd devotes much of her opinion piece to pranks played by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

I don't think the Republicans need to be overly worried by Romney's college antics. However, they should be concerned by a Washington Post-ABC News Poll
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postabcpoll_012212.html), which tells anyone capable of reading between the lines that Mitt is not electable.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, now when I am almost ready to vote for a Republican (oh horror) there is nobody to vote for. Maybe this was a reason I didn't vote for them in the past. So, I'll stay at home ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the best the Republicans can offer, it looks like I'll be staying home as well on Election Day after hearing Romney praising Hezbollah. The man is absolutely clueless !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VaiypCXmFDw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for a candidate who will laugh harder than me when interviewed by Ali G.
    In case anyone missed Sacha Baron Cohen's hilarious interview with Newt you can watch it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w9XI79TK_k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm frightened by the fact that a Republican prez candidate can be elected. But my better half reminded me that we survived the Decider. It's like some people like tucking their balls between their legs and crying and the rest of us prefer a good movie or book. As we speak the Times is ingratiating itself to Mormons with a front page cooking article refuting blandness. Take a look at Mitt and add a dash of pleasantness.

    On a less serious note not one of the remaining candidates is currently holding office. I dare say they don't hold much and that is not comforting. Therefore in polite speak the Republicans do not want to win. They find it's much more fun being jerks on the back bench being unaccountable, unassailable and unreasonable.

    ReplyDelete