Saturday, November 28, 2009

Michaele Salahi and Obama: Impostor Meets Impostor

The photograph is now famous: Michaele Salahi in a red sari shaking hands with Obama in the Blue Room, as her husband, Tareq, in a tux, watches from the side. Michaele's fingernails are impeccably manicured. Smiles are plastered on the faces of all three persons.

I am revolted by this picture, but what has me troubled? No, it is not the failure of the Secret Service; they will learn from their mistake.

Rather, I am disturbed by the hypocrisy, the insincerity and the deception: Reality TV hopefuls greeting a president who lacks the experience and leadership qualities needed to guide the U.S. and the world through troubled times. Reality TV? Obama? All part and parcel of an era which grows more alien to me with every passing day.

5 comments:

  1. We think similar, Jeffrey: I posted message with the photo about three impostors yesterday on my blog.

    I share your feelings: I do not see anybody who would represent me. I do not see a politician out there, who understands that the war in Afghanistan is meaningless, and sees moral superiority of Israel over its enemies. It seems, people up over there lack moral direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marina,

    I visited your blog and website: VERY impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the war is afghanistan will be fruitless, but certainly not meaningless. As far as NOT thinking that Israels actions are quite different than Arab antagonists is naiive. Obama is the least supportive president of Israel since its birth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. However I agree with you on the assertion that he is a fake as well.

    ReplyDelete