Saturday, May 14, 2011

Maureen Dowd's "Corsets, Cleavage and Fishnets": Republicans Are Not to Blame?

Maureen Dowd's latest New York Times op-ed, "Corsets, Cleavage and Fishnets" (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/opinion/15dowd.html), highlights some of the shows to be aired next season on U.S prime time television, including a remake of "Charlie's Angels," "Playboy Club" and "Pan Am."

Sorry, Maureen, I read this column twice, but couldn't find the sentence attributing this new crop of rubbish, emanating from liberal Hollywood, to Tea Party Republicans.

[I wish to thank those of my friends who have been kindly calling to remind me that almost 40 years ago, my sister was a Playboy bunny in Chicago. I might also mention that this blog entry, submitted as an online comment in response to Maureen's op-ed, was censored by The New York Times.]

No comments:

Post a Comment