Follow by Email

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Obama Administration's Benghazi Cover-Up: On the Verge of Tears

Did anyone really think that the entire US intelligence community would agree to take the blame for the fatal Benghazi fiasco? Well, some of the facts are beginning to leak out, although you won't find them anywhere in The New York Times or The Washington Post ten days before the presidential election. As reported by Jennifer Griffin of Fox News in an article entitled "CIA operators were denied request for help during Benghazi attack, sources say" (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/):

"Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command -- who also told the CIA operators twice to 'stand down' rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

. . . .

[Former Navy SEAL Tyrone] Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied.

. . . .

The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

. . . .

According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from."

As further reported in this article, Tyrone Woods and former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty "were killed by a mortar shell at 4 a.m. Libyan time, nearly seven hours after the attack on the consulate began -- a window that represented more than enough time for the U.S. military to send back-up."

No, we haven't heard the last of this.

Who is to blame for this disaster? This has yet to be determined. But the readiness of the Obama administration to sweep this incident under the rug leaves me aghast. As someone who has spent a significant part of his life in the military, I cannot imagine being abandoned in this fashion.

I am overwhelmed by the dedication to duty of Ambassador Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith and Glen Doherty, and my prayers go out to their families.

Listening to Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, left me on the verge of tears (see: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/joe-biden-to-father-of-former-navy-seal-killed-in-benghazi-did-your-son-always-have-balls-the-size-of-cue-balls/). Yes, Mr. Woods, your son is a true American hero.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been following the story. It looks ugly, ugly, ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To add insult to injury, the National Geographic Channel will air the film “SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden” just two nights before the presidential election.

    "President Obama will have a starring role in the television drama about one of his biggest accomplishments — the killing of Osama bin Laden."

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/arts/television/obama-is-prominent-in-seal-team-six-weinstein-film.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

    Harvey Weinstein: Obama's favorite (Dis)infomercial Star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Der Stuermer is silent, but people are gathering at some ABC website.

    ReplyDelete