Sunday, January 6, 2013

Syria: The Russian Navy Responds to Obama's Promise of Flexibility

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it's important for him [Putin] to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

- Obama's Open Microphone Gaffe, Seoul, South Korea, March 26, 2012

Surely you remember President Obama's open microphone gaffe in Seoul, when he asked for "space" from Putin in exchange for "flexibility" after the presidential election in November.

How has Putin responded to this overture from Obama? There has been no cooperation from Russia in reining in Iran's nuclear weapons development program, and today we are told by The Sunday Times that "five Russian landing ships carrying hundreds of marines and military vehicles are gathering in the eastern Mediterranean in a show of force said by one Russian diplomat to be aimed at deterring western intervention in Syria’s civil war" (http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/world_news/Middle_East/article1188841.ece).

Yet more evidence of Obama's wildly successful, doormat foreign policy . . .

4 comments:

  1. The one thing Obama stands up to is his teleprompter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the text there is written by his people: Rev. Wright, Powers, Jarrett and the like.
    Now, he's getting his own beloved channel as a gift from our "progressive" Al Gore.
    What a confused nation. Al Gore is an example. To call this pompous "shrinking the government" egoist a "progressive" makes as much sense as calling the "trickle down" prostitute (Huffington) a "progressive."
    So, is our "progressive" Al a multi-billionaire now? Didn't he already make hundreds of millions by pushing Arab oil monopoly interests?
    What a world. To think that I actually voted for him. Once, then I came to my senses. Not that I had many choices in the land of one party system pretending to be two party system.
    I am disgusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama's last term,but the effects will last long after it concludes.
    Frankly,I think that he's done his best at putting some momentum into the downward spiral of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the most important thing is that Obama does fulfill his promise, by among other things nominating Hagel. Aren't Iran and Russia friends and lovers. Now, there will three of us, the U.S., Russia and Iran. Threesome.
    Wow. Why, oh why I can't draw well and my skills can't serve my imagination (no problem there) well? I see some nice cavorting (Obama, Putin, Ahmadinejad), I just can't draw it.

    ReplyDelete